1. Bury a “Time Capsule” together with trinkets, love letters or other romantic sentimental items. Then, draw up a simple map and store it in your safe deposit box. Date the map and decide together when you’ll dig up your romantic treasure.
2. Create a special music disk together of love or fun songs. Have them ready for those special times together.
3. Plant a romantic note in a book your love is reading. It can be as simple as: “I love you,” “I want you” or just XOXOXOXO.
4. Next time you’re at the mall together, jump into a photo booth and take some fun pictures. Keep in your car or in your desk for a quick pick-me-up during the day.
5. Plant a tree together and plan to carve your names in it when it grows big. This can be a fun place to have a picnic or just hang out together; watching the clouds or stars.
6. Stop at a local coffee shop and spend some “two-gether” time there, or take a long walk or scenic drive in the county.
7. Send your love a letter at work. You can disguise it in a regular business envelope and it can be funny or/and romantic. Or even a little naughty if you’re planning a special evening together.
8. Use heart-shaped sticky notes, one or a bunch to post little messages throughout the house or garage to add a little thrill to your love’s life.
9. Pick up some dipping chocolate and fresh strawberries, cherries or bananas and make tonight’s dessert incredibly romantic. https://www.glowphotoboothco.com
10. Take a long drive and stop at a new restaurant, or a deli to pick up a picnic lunch. Spend this time really listening to each other.
11. Name a star together and when you’re apart; you can look at it and know that your love is waiting for your safe return.
12. Use glow-in-the-dark stars and black lights to create a romantic night sky inside.
13. Create a spa atmosphere at home with candles, essential oils, incense burners, mood music, massagers or other relaxation products.
14. Chocolate, the flavor of romance! Serve chocolate liquor in small glassware as dessert to vamp up a romantic dinner.
15. On a special night, dim the lights and put on some soft music. Then undress leaving a trail of your clothes from the front door to the bedroom.
16. Spend a quiet evening by the fire together. Roast marshmallows or have drinks available.
17. While your love is showering, sneak in and write, “I love you” on the steamed mirror.
18. Take a love letter or romantic vacation brochure and cut it into a puzzle. Mail a piece of the puzzle to your love every day or place each puzzle piece on table or dresser.
19. Make a romantic tape recording asking your love to meet you somewhere. You’ll need confirmation that they can make it so be sure to leave a return number.
20. Next time you’re walking together, grab your love’s hand or walk arm-and-arm.
21. Make a “Prescription for Love” form on the computer. Then hand write each prescription using words like…take two doses of love and come see me now, make it more creative and intimate. Re-label an empty prescription bottle with heart stickers and set the blank prescriptions next to the bottle with a pen so you can both play doctor.
22. Create a romantic slideshow using old photos of you and your love. Sort pictures by years and events starting from when you first met until present. Add some romantic music then set a date for both of you to enjoy.
23. Don’t put those photos away just yet! Pick out the best ones and frame as many as you want to display on the mantel, coffee table or dresser. This grouping will bring back wonderful memories every day.
24. Email greetings. They can surprise, create fun, show affection or entice your love. Send a free greeting anytime; why not send one right now!
25. Purchase an inexpensive romance calendar. Keep track of upcoming romantic dates and events; don’t use it as your everyday calendar. You can, however, mark a black “x” on days that there’s a family or other event so you don’t overbook days. Likewise mark your regular calendar with a red “x” for romance days. Keep this calendar as a special keepsake when the year is done.
26. Sometimes changing your normal routine can spark romance. Like using candles or mood lighting or bringing home a bouquet of flowers to set the stage for romance.
27. Date night is a must! Maybe a picnic for two or tickets to a ballgame, movie or play. Consider mutual interests so you both have fun or take turns picking the entertainment. Remember, a date doesn’t have to be expensive; get creative. The idea is to have fun and talk. Schedule a month in advance and don’t cancel, as it’s the most important appointment of the month.
28. Each one makes a list of romantic fantasies to share during a upcoming romantic evening.
29. Happy Birthday Banner. You don’t have to buy one; it’ll be better when you’ve created it.
30. A candlelight dinner for two is very romantic.
31. Splurge on some new, sexy lingerie which could be just the thing to give your love the urge.
32. You’re the star. Have a personalized romance novel created where you star and he’s the hero.
33. Alone away from home. Send a small gift or flowers to your love’s destination to be received upon arrival.
34. For a personalized keepsake, consign a local artist to sketch you and your love doing something fun or romantic together.
35. Keep some coins handy so when you pass a fountain, you can both make an impromptu wish.
36. Slip a love note in your love’s pants or coat pocket.
37. Acknowledge your love’s interests. Get tickets to an event, i.e., game, opera or concert, you know your love is interested in. Keep the location a secret, however, mark your romance calendar so you both keep this date open.
38. Be extra understanding when you’re love has a down-in-the-dumps day.
39. Cut small, heart shapes from colored paper and jot down a romantic message on each. Then, take them to a party store and ask the clerk to put one in each balloon before it’s inflated. Tell your love to pop them as they deflate to find a surprise.
40. Buy a box of Lucky Charms and remove all the marshmallows except the heart-shaped ones.
41. At the mall, split $20 and plan a time and place to meet later. Then split to find secret romantic or seductive items for a special evening.
42. Fill a scrapbook with souvenirs and special mementos of your times together, such as concert ticket stubs, a napkin from a restaurant where you had a special evening together, romantic photos, etc.
43. Take your camera or use the picture option of your cell phone to record your special dates. Lots of people will take your picture if you ask and many times, they are looking for someone to take their picture.
44. Get a hammock, make some lemonade and spend a warm sunny date being lazy together.
45. Design and install a small sitting area at home where you can both enjoy the day and each other.
46. Take a trip to a winery. Don’t forget to take the tour and buy a bottle for reminiscing at a later date.
47. Buy two disposable cameras and take pictures of each other being silly, loving and romantic. Have them developed in an hour and then talk about them over iced tea, wine or dessert.